Saturday, December 20, 2008

My other side



Games,

Too much of it,
And grayness will run through your heart,
That ability to get your crush on a girl,
It died on me in the past.

Feeling gray,
Has it good ends,
And bad ends.

My era of being one hardcore gamer ended late last year,
That's when I started chilling out doing shits with my mates.
And slowly I started to feel my heart beating again.

But sometimes.

Gray was the best feeling.


Photobucket



I remembered,
Back then during my ITE days,
I learned in depth about computers,
I knew more gamers,
Compiling into a dream to get the best entertainment I can afford.

I remembered,
Mom got me a gaming computer,
But I figured out that wasn't enough.
And spent my long-saved cash,
Bursaries,
To upgrade my PC further.

Costs me nearly 1k just for the upgrades.

All of it just because of a game I got addicted to,
Battlefield 2.

The addiction died sooner or later,
Who would have thought that I would have got my PC performing over the edge,
And ended up in.

Photobucket

The ever so famous "Maplestory"

That wages girl in the picture,
She was my in-game "girlfriend" before she migrated to NZ.

Yes people,
I'm that pathetic.

I wasted more than $200 buying those damn prepaid cards for the game,
And for fucks sake,
You even need to pay to "marry" someone.


Photobucket


The fuck was I thinking?

Well that was a start of my hardcore-gaming days.
Spending more time on my computer seat than sleeping.

I sure made a lot of friends online,
And we even met.

It's hilarious though,
Because all the time being together outside,
We called each other by user IDs.

Jason a.k.a altwtips: Hey nes.
Me a.k.a Nescafe: Sup alt?
Passerbys: Ah, the modern names of the modern era.


Soon after,
I found another game.

One that is still in my hard drive for a good 3 years now.

I talked about it a lot in my really old posts as well.

Guild Wars.


Photobucket

It took me quite awhile to get myself addicted to this game,
It's like migrating to another country,
Leaving your loved ones behind.

Took me months,
To get hold myself,
And proudly raise both of my hands as I shout out loud.

"Fuck Maplestory!"


Photobucket


Somehow I got myself into one of the most famous Singapore guild in the game.
Most of them are way older than me.
But we get along after doing missions together for some time.

And I still remember we made our own chalet stay just for the guild.
The way they looked in real life,
And how they look so cute in the game.

Freak me out real bad.

We had another outing a year later,
The guild leader himself,
Treated me Swensens.

So people,
If you want a free meal,
Play an online game where working adults does.

And remember the magic word.

"Fuck Maplestory!"

Photobucket


There was even a screenshot contest held,
And I participated.

As much as I want to believe,
It's hard to believe,
But believe me,
I got first place.

Unbelievable isn't it.

Just for this one picture.


Photobucket

Caption: "Caught on camera"


And guess what,
That guy on the right,
Is a monk.


Tsk,
Corruption.

I was so into games then,
So much.

The day everyone celebrate christmas by going to parties dancing around christmas tree,
I sat at home.

And took pictures with Gingerbread men.


Photobucket


Heh.

How I missed those times.


How I missed feeling gray.


cc pls,
Lan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home