Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Games: Addictions of the Past (Part 1)

Heyo, readers of SLN.

Last night, I was talking to my bestie, Dolores O'Raidan, on the phone. We were chatting away when that topic about my past came in, about those hardcore-gaming days. I guess that's a story worth to be posted at, on my blog. Readers, enjoy this story/poem/crap/whateveruwannacallit.


It all starts in the late twenty-oh-five
When I was a student in East View Secondary
About to graduate and start a new life
Just before my first step in ITE

They called it a kid's game
They insulted it in so many names
I used to feel the same
But all of that changed,
When I downloaded the game

Maplestory

Two-Dee graphics, with simple yet complicated animations
I remember walking everywhere and people goes "Hi Noob"
I don't care if it's a friendly gesture or an insult
Hit F2, character smiles, pissing them off their boobs
Or birds

And I got myself addicted, but I still felt lonely
I made my close friend play that game
And lol-ed when he got himself addicted

We started making new friends in that game
"altwtips, ClericJoo, PennilessXue" are some of their "names"
When the guild system came out, all of us contributed mesos to create one
And boy, that game started to be alot more fun

Remembering, I once had a "girlfriend" in this adventure
How we walked side-by-side hitting and killing monsters
And how I stood behind her on a ship
Imitating that scene from Titanic

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket





But that Malaysian girl migrated to New Zealand one day
I waited for her day after day but she never came online
I really miss my "wages", losing her is so suay
As days passed by, I slowly felt fine

I started having a real girlfriend shortly in school
With my influential personality, she too played that game
I bought wedding rings and stuff, sounds cool?
We got married, but in-game (haha)
But when we broke up in reality,
We divorced in fantasy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



I had alot of friends in that game,
And I always preferred them over my real friends
But all this faded when I went to a shop and saw a name
"Guild Wars", you got me as your fan

Guild Wars

When I started playing this
I realised how sucky my computer is
This game is graphically-demanding
And how I forked out almost five-hundred bucks to make it exciting

I also learnt how to upgrade my computer by myself.
Video Card, RAM card, power supply, blabla.

I got totally immersed in this fantasy
I even joined the biggest guild in Singapore
But the only difference,
We were not as close as "them" in Maplestory

I remember being Mr. Photographer
Climbing hills just to take a nice screenshot of nature
Waterfalls, beautiful skies and lands on fire
And sometimes I take picture of myself, the poser
That's really one heck of an adventure

I even got my classmate to buy that game
We started playing together 24/7
I love laughing at all those stupid things we used to do
Like hitting flamingos with my Elementalist till they burn

Sometimes, I neglected my studies
Skipping classes, staying at home playing this
I really felt so fortunate
Knowing I still get good grades
But I'm not gonna take it for-granted

After quite sometime of this addiction
Everything ended when someone came into my life
Someone who grabbed my attention
And pushing me back into real life


To Be Continued..


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home