Friday, October 19, 2007

Romeo and Juliet (edited)


A lovestruck Romeo, sings on phone a serenade
Running his battery low, with that first song that he made
Switch his room light, singing in the shade
Says something like, "You and me babe, how about it?"

Juliet says "Hey it's Romeo, you nearly gave me a heart attack"
He's just beside the window, she's saying "Hey lan, my boyfriend nags
You should stop singing and hear, and please help me out on that
Anyway, what you gonna do about it?"

Juliet, I was excited from the start
And I bet, that you exploded in my heart
I can't forget, can't forget, that Killers song
When you gonna realise, it was just that the time was wrong, Juliet?

Come up on different pasts, they both were pasts of shame
Both pity, both mean, yes and the dream was just the same
And I dreamed that dream of you, and then I hope it's real
How can you look at me as if I was just another one of your deals?

You can fall for songs of Killers,
You can fall for words they sold,
You can fall for pretty strangers,
And the promises they hold.
You promised me many things, you promised me thick and thin yeah
Now you just say "Oh Romeo, yeah, you know I starts to have a scene with him".

Juliet, when I said love, but you said bye
I said I love you like, the skies above, cools me down with your eyes
Let me play, for you, you know that Killers song
When you gonna realise, it was just that the time was wrong, Juliet?

I can do the talk, like they talk in the movies
But I can't do a love song, like the way it's meant to be
I wanted everything, and I'll do anything for you
I can't do anything cause I'd kept thinking of you

And all I do is miss you, and the way we used to be
All I do is play my song and, no company
All I do is feel blue, through poems of a rhyme
Juliet I'll watch the stars with you, anytime

Juliet, when I said love, but you said bye
I said I love you like, the skies above, cools me down with your eyes
And let me play, for you, you know that Killers song
When you gonna realise, it was just that the time was wrong, Juliet?

A love hurt Romeo, sings to self a serenade
Whenever he's feeling low, with that first song that he made
Had a cig and had a light, smoking in the shade
Says something like, "You and me babe, I'll forget it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home