Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I had a bloody great time

So, Mel Fraps had their first performance at Homeclub on 3rd May.

And it was officially the first time I performed as a vocalist, not drumming or playing tambourine behind the instruments during my school band days.

At first, I've always thought that performing-experienced bands will kill us off.
Especially for a first-timer band like MF. (hate you fafa for calling us MotherFuckers *insert sad smiley here*)

But the end result was pretty heartwarming,
I mean really heartwarming.

Some of the people there told me that they find our originals wonderful,
Nicer than the covers we did.

I've always knew "Lonely Night" had a rather unique touch to it,

The history of how that song was made was pretty appealing too, for me.

Sam, who is our gadget boy in MF, wanted to make a song and gave me lyrics and some tunes to begin with.

It was a love song at first.

Under the heavy influence of The Killers' "Midnight Show",
I heavily edited the lyrics and add in a few more tunes.

From a sweet softy love song,
To a mysterious song about death of a sweet girl.

"But I know the way she walk, she's had a sad day.
And I shall bring her, to my play."

The more mature and experienced members of a band there, who came to watch,
They came up to me telling us about how different we are from others,
How much potential we had in us.

And on top of all that,
The vocals are rather unique in many ways.

If you listened to The Killers or The Strokes,
I'm like the middle of them both.

Okay enough about singing praises to myself.

So MF and I had a great time that night,
We performed to the extent that the organiser was pretty shocked to hear it was our first.

I was so boring on stage that I don't know what to talk about and spat nonsense.

Again I would like to thank all those who came and watched our performance,
Allowing us to showcase our talents and potential.

Especially Fiza, who met with a road accident in less than a week ago.
With bandages all over her,
Yet still make an effort to come all the way to Homeclub and support me.

You know Fiz,
It affects me alot even though I didn't show it.
How I wasted money on Starbucks, red bulls, and cigarettes so that I'll perform at my best.

I know I have to give it my best shot, with the tickets freaking expensive.
And my closest friends watching me.

Homeclub called us to perform again, apparently they like us.

So if any of you guys are interested, do inform me.


Anyway photos will be up as soon as I collected all the photos.

These two shall suffice for now.

Khid, Lan, Zhar
Photobucket

In action
Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home