Sunday, March 15, 2009

And darling I don't believe in love, after you taught me what it's for

"Show me how,
Show me why,
It's just another dumb adventure!"

That's the exact words you'll hear from Melfraps' latest song,
A song of which the band finally showcase some attitude,
A song for everyone to dance to,

A rock n roll song.


So Melfraps will be having another gig this coming 4th of April,
For the first time it's an open air gig,
Best part is you don't have to get any ticket for it.

Free entry to everyone.

Details are as follows.

Photobucket

And I forgot,
For the first time ever.

Both Lans are performing together on the same stage,
Adlan of Crackerjack,
And me of Melfraps duh.

I must say all the bands excluding us are very good,
So do stay and give support to all of them,
We'll do our best to give our best to you guys too.

And yes,
We're bring our newly-made rock and roll song on the 4th april too.

All the more reason why YOU should come.


So now,
I have all my pay gone in just a day,
Payday on 12th,
Shopping on 13th,
Gone on 14th.

Most of my pay went to the folk guitar I've been planning to buy.

Original price was about 500,
But one shop in penin have it for 250 (Half price hurray),
A junior of mine back in the school band days was working there,
So I got this baby, along with a free used Ibanez guitar bag,


Photobucket

For a freaking $200.


Bloody hell,
I can never stop telling myself how fucking lucky I am to have this folk baby,
It feels really like bloody fucking really like damn bloody very nice.

*Touches folky baby*


Of course,
I'm going to miss playing my Takamine semi-acoustic after it broke down on me.


Since somewhere in 2006

Photobucket





See the ass-crack?

Photobucket

I had it for $560,
But hell,
I never actually used it on any amplifier before.

Thus me realising my mistake and got myself just a folk guitar.


Now with my folky-baby,
My song-writing spirit has been rejuvenated,
In fact I'm now taking a break on writing lyrics for MF's new song,
Thus my hype-up kind of entry now.

Oh by the way,
Nathan; Whom I mentioned was working in the guitar store I got my folky from,
Mentioned that I "wasted my talents" being a vocalist in the band.

Because he knew me as a guitarist,
A saxophonist,
And the [accent=boasting] best drummer of the school band [/accent]

But no Mr Nat,
I find comfort doing vocalist,
And all my history being a jack-of-all-trades in the music scene are best put as background knowledge.

This puts me in an advantage when arranging songs with Melfraps,
Knowing how to fit each and everyone's parts into a song,
To get everyone to "feel" our songs,
I just love to be that kind of person.

Of course everyone who worked with me before in terms of music,
Gets frustrated sometimes.
Like come on I know I'm a perfectionist and all but hey,

It's all for the tunes baby.




Now besides music,
I've recently made a new friend,
Someone who's living in the same peaceful village of Simei with me,
And you know what's the best part?

We're both into bollywood songs.

Buahaha.

Though I made a bad second impression following myself being late in last night's meet-up,
So sorry baby- I didn't know I had my phone on silent mode and continue having fun playing street fighter with Roy.

I'll make it up to you someday.
Maybe getting Folky to join us too.


And I don't know when I've started doing buahahaha,
Lan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home